Although things might be a little different this year, there are still plenty of Tampa Bay Florida Christmas events happening to get your fill of Christmas spirit in 2020. The majority of these events are outside with the ability to social distance.
Winter Village at Curtis Hixon Park
- This classic Tampa holiday event features local shop pop-ups, cafe and bar, entertainment, lights, Curtis Hixon Park Choo Choo, and an ice skating rink.
- Cost: free, Ice Skating $15 per person (advanced reservations recommended), cost of parking in Downtown Tampa varies
- Location: 600 N. Ashley Drive, Tampa, FL 33602
- Dates: Nightly through Jan 3, hours vary by day
Next Generation Ballet’s Nutcracker Outdoor Wonderland at the Straz Center
- Enjoy the classic ballet re-imagined into an immersive outdoor experience. In Act I of this immersive promenade experience guests stroll from scene to scene enjoying various beloved moments from Nutcracker. From there, guests will be lead into the Riverwalk Tent for a seated second act, where chairs are spaced 6 feet apart.
- Cost: Adults starting at $48.50, children $33.50
- Location: 1010 N Macinnes Pl, Tampa, FL 33602
- Dates: Dec 11 – Dec 23, times vary
Riverwalk Holiday Lighted Boat Parade
- Watch the lighted boat parade from anywhere along Riverwalk or one of the many hubs (Sparkman Wharf, Curtis Hixon Park, Armature Works, etc.) or decorate your boat and participate.
- Cost: free, cost of parking in Downtown Tampa varies
- Location: Tampa Riverwalk (our favorite viewing area is Sparkman Wharf where you can also grab drinks and a bite to eat: 615 Channelside Dr, Tampa, FL 33602
- Date: Dec 19, starts at 6:30pm
Holiday Movies at the Drive-In at Armature Works
- Watch holiday favorites like Elf, National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, The Grinch, Home Alone and more all from the comfort of your car. Munch on concessions, or grab takeout from Armature Works across the street.
- Cost: Tickets range from $22-$35 per vehicle depending on date, time and section choice
- Location: 420 W Oak Ave, Tampa, FL 33602
- Dates: showings almost every day, times vary, check the schedule for details
The Christmas Trail
- Christmas light walking trail, pictures with Santa, Jack Frost Ice Show with snow, Nativity light maze, escape game, concessions and sweets, craft vendors, and more.
- Cost: $15 per vehicle, tickets must be purchased online in advance
- Location: 2837 S Frontage Rd, Plant City, FL
- Dates: Dec 11 – 23, 5:30pm-10pm nightly; tickets are for specific time windows
The Wonderland of Lights
- Drive-thru Christmas light display, Santa’s Village, horse-drawn wagon rides, acrobatic performances, concessions, and more.
- Cost: $15 per car Mon- Wed (drive-thru only), $25 per car Thurs- Sun (drive-thru and Santa’s village)
- Location: Hillsborough County Fairgrounds, 215 Sydney Washer Rd., Dover, FL, 33527 (NOT the Florida State Fair Grounds)
- Dates: daily through Dec 27, 6pm-9pm/10pm
Victorian Christmas Stroll at Henry B Plant Museum
- Experience the extravagance and grandeur of a Victorian Christmas at the former 1891 Tampa Bay Hotel during the Henry B. Plant Museum’s Victorian Christmas Stroll. Decorations include vintage fashions, antique toys, locally sourced items, and fanciful ornaments.
- Cost: $16 for adults, $10 for children. Tickets should be purchased in advance to select a time window. Discount days December 7, 8, 14, 15 ($2 off admission)
- Location: 401 W. Kennedy Boulevard Tampa, FL 33606
- Dates: Through Dec 31, 10am – 5pm
River of Lights Holiday Cruise
- Hop on Tampa’s water taxi tour of holiday lights and decorations along the river including Holiday Island. On the 45-minute cruise, you will get up-close views of Downtown Tampa’s spectacular seasonal decorations and holiday lights, and enjoy sing-a-long Christmas carols.
- Cost: $25 for adults, $20 for children, plus tax, cost for parking in Downtown Tampa varies
- Location: Pirate Water Taxi Dock, 333 S Franklin St, Tampa, FL 33602
- Dates: Select nights in December, departing at 6:20 p.m., 7:20 p.m., 8:20 p.m., 9:20 p.m.
Christmas in the Wild at ZooTampa
- Christmas in the Wild is an outdoor seasonal adventure featuring twinkling lights, delectable holiday treats, amazing wildlife and new jolly adventures. Specific date and time ticket purchase is strongly recommended.
- Cost: Starting at $26.95 per person
- Dates: Select nights through Dec 30, 4pm-9pm/10pm
Lights in the Park at Hyde Park Village
- Grab the family, a cup of hot cocoa and stroll the Lights in the Park on Snow Avenue in Hyde Park Village.
- Cost: free, cost of parking varies
- Location: W Snow Ave, Tampa, FL 33606
- Hours: Friday and Saturday nights thru 12/26, 6pm-10pm
St. Pete/Pinellas County
Holiday Lights in the Park at Largo Central Park
- Stroll through Largo Central Park in the show stopping light display, featuring over a million twinkling LED lights. There are concessions and amusement rides for an additional charge.
- Cost: free, free parking
- Location: 101 Central Park Dr, Largo, FL 33771
- Hours: nightly through Jan 3, 5pm-10pm
Treasure Island Boat Parade
- This is the 35th Annual Boat Parade, featuring a variety of boats decked out in holiday lights and decorations. The boat parade travels in the Intracoastal Waterway starting south of the Treasure Island Bridge at 6:20pm and ending at John’s Pass at 8:15pm.
- Cost: free, parking in Treasure Island varies
- Location: Check the website for recommended viewing locations in Treasure Island
- Date: Dec 5 at 6:20pm
A Christmas Carol Performance at St. Petersburg City Theatre
- Watch the classic holiday production A Christmas Carol performed at the St. Petersburg City Theatre. Seating is spaced out for safety, so purchase tickets early.
- Cost: $23 per adult, $10 per child 10 and under
- Location: 4025 31st Street South, St. Petersburg, FL 33712
- Dates: Dec 11 and 12 at 7:30pm, Dec 13 at 2:00pm
The Lights of Lake Park Estates
- Drive through the neighborhoods of Lake Park Estates, Wieker, Lakeside Estates, and Lake Seminole Village, where residents decorate their homes and yards with over 3.0 miles of Christmas Lights and Decorations for the public to enjoy to benefit Suncoast Hospice. This event is intended to be drive-thru ONLY this year.
- Cost: free
- Location: Since this is an area and neighborhood, there is no specific physical address. You can navigate to Lake Park Dr Seminole FL 33777. Suggested route map is available on the website.
- Dates: nightly Dec 1st – Dec 31st, 6pm-10pm
Downtown Waterfront Parks Holiday Lights
- Stroll through St. Pete’s downtown waterfront parks (North Straub Park, South Straub Park, Pioneer Park, Vinoy Park) and admire thousands of holidays lights and displays. The St. Pete Pier is also decorated!
- Cost: free, free and metered parking available around Downtown St. Pete
- Location: Most parks are located along Bayshore Drive.
- St Pete Pier: 800 2nd Ave NE, St. Petersburg, FL 33701
- Dates: varies
- For their new Christmas show, the a capella superstars will perform holiday classics like “Silver Bells,” “Santa Claus Is Coming to Town,” and “White Christmas” with their original holiday hits “The Hope We Hold,” “Christmas Without You,” and more.
- Cost: starting at $30 per person
- Location: Bilheimer Capitol Theatre, 405 Cleveland St, Downtown Clearwater
- Date: Fri Dec 18 at 8pm
Online/At Home Experiences
The Florida Orchestra’s Classical Christmas Live Stream
- Music to celebrate the season from history’s greatest composers including Mozart, Handel and Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker Suite. Daniel Black conducts.
- Cost: free, must register in advance
- Location: online live stream
- Date: Dec 20, 5pm
Trivia Ad Holiday Trivia Live Streams
- Many options available to test your knowledge of Christmas movies, TV shows, and more. Most live streams happen on Facebook or Instagram, check their page for times and themes. I can’t wait to participate in The Grinch and The Office holiday episodes trivia!
- Cost: free
- Location: online live stream
Holiday Cheer for Adults
Santa’s Social Club
- Sonder Social Club in Dunedin is transforming into Santa’s Social Club — an immersive Santa and Christmas-themed pop-up-bar. Enjoy decorations, festive treats like the Milk + Cookies cocktail, and themed nights like Ugly Sweaters, Christmas movie trivia and drunken gingerbread house building.
- Location: 966 Douglas Ave, Unit 101, Dunedin, FL
- Dates: daily through 12/26
Miracle at Mezzo Pop-up
- This NYC Christmas pop-up bar is taking over Intermezzo Coffee & Cocktails with festive decor & a menu full of seasonal libations. Stop by the most festive bar in town to eat, drink & be merry!
- Location: 1113 Central Ave, St. Petersburg, FL 33705
- Dates: daily through 12/31, full menu available starting at 4pm
5th Annual Ugly Sweater Crawl: St. Pete
- Festive Bar Crawl hosted by Bar Crawl USA. Featuring themed drink discounts, prizes, entertainment, holiday music and more around downtown St. Pete bars.
- Cost: starting at $12
- Location: Downtown St. Pete, 119 1st Ave N St. Pete, FL 33701
- Dates: Sat, Dec 12 at 5PM