St. Petersburg, Florida has such a fun and eclectic restaurant scene. Tampa’s smaller, more laid back sister city is home to amazing restaurants, bars, and unique dining experiences. This is not an exhaustive list by any means, and there are hundreds of amazing restaurants to try in the area. After living in St. Pete for 2 years, these are some of my must try restaurants!
Casual & Counter Service
– Wooden Rooster– a cute stop for crepes and sandwiches, both sweet and savory!
– URBAN Brew & BBQ – great drinks, barbecue, and outdoor seating with a shuffleboard court! We love the atmosphere here.
– St. Pete Bagel Co. – this family-owned spot is my favorite place to grab a breakfast sandwich and a donut in the morning. Get there early, they sell out on busy weekends!
– Bodega on Central – some of our favorite Cuban food in town. Perfect for a casual bite to eat while in downtown.
– Fo’ Cheezy – if you’re craving a grilled cheese with all the fixins, look no further. We love to take our sandwiches to go and eat on St. Pete Beach.
– Red Mesa Mercado – great casual Mexican food with homemade tortillas. We’ve never ordered something we didn’t like! Also try Red Mesa Cantina, it’s sit-down sister restaurant.
– Banyan Cafe – a great spot for a quick breakfast and brunch within walking distance of so many downtown activities.
– Better Byrd – they have some of the best chicken sandwiches and fries! I love the Island Byrd!
– Craft Kafe – breakfast, brunch, coffee, and tasty treats – all gluten free. They have two locations in St. Petersburg.
– Fourth Street Shrimp Store – an unassuming hidden gem, this funky restaurant serves up some of the best fried shrimp and other seafood.
– Datz – this is one of our go-to spots. The food is always fresh and amazing, and the portions are huge! We love to bring out-of-town guests here.
– Sushi Inc – some of the best sushi in St. Pete, and they have amazing happy hour specials!
– Boulevard Burgers – a burger joint with a beachy vibe in St. Pete Beach. The shrimp burger is my favorite!
– Bavaro’s Pizza Napoletana & Pastaria– wood fired pizza made-to-order. Sit at the pizza bar to watch them make and bake it right in front of you! This is a great date night restaurant in St. Petersburg.
– La Teresita – my family has been eating Cuban food at La Teresita for decades. Authentic, comforting, and delicious!
– CD Roma – tucked away in the back of a plaza, this Italian restaurant is perfect for a date night or family meal. The food has always been amazing, especially the shrimp scampi!
– Buya Ramen – as seen on “Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives” with Guy Fieri! If you’re a ramen lover, this is the place for you. We love the food and the atmosphere.
– Dr. BBQ – they have traditional bbq items as well as some twists on the classics. The sides are my favorite part!
– Grand Hacienda– fun atmosphere with Mexican food favorites and a great brunch menu to boot!
– The Library – another cute spot for a weekend brunch. The Library has a totally unique look, with walls of bookshelves and armchairs, which makes it look like a library!
– Umami Endless Sushi – an all-you-can-eat sushi experience! A must try if you love sushi. Don’t forget to make reservations!
– Doc Fords Rum Bar & Grill– located on the new St. Pete Pier, this waterfront restaurant serves up American food with a focus on seafood. We loved the views, sandwiches, and drinks!
– Oak & Stone – such a fun experience for beer lovers! They have a beer wall with a ton of selections where you can pour your own glass by the ounce. And great pizza too!
Drinks, Coffee & Dessert
– Bright Ice – great, local ice cream with fun flavors and really cute shop!
– Uptown Snoballs – ice cream and shaved ice. Our favorite is the New Orleans Style, which is a snow cone with sweetened condensed milk. TRY IT!
– The Blend – possibly my favorite coffee in all of St. Petersburg. Their signature drink, “The Blend” is so yummy! They also do seasonal coffee flights!
– The Hyppo – popsicles in soooo many different flavors, it’ll be hard to choose! They have a couple different locations throughout Tampa Bay.
– Sweet Stack Shack – ice cream, and cookie ice cream sandwiches (my personal fave!) Perfect for an after-dinner snack in downtown.
– The Canopy at The Birchwood – rooftop bar with amazing views of the bay and downtown. Go for a day drink for the best views!
– Grove Surf + Coffee – the cutest coffee shop in St. Pete Beach that also has a shop with beachy clothes and accessories
– No Vacancy – fun tiki drinks and tropical flamingo vibes! It’s the Florida-themed bar of your dreams!
– Pier Teaki – newer rooftop bar at the St. Pete Pier with a tropical tiki theme.
– Caddy’s on the Beach – there are a couple locations, but the Treasure Island one is actually on the beach. It’s one of my favorite spots any time of the day. Dine with your feet in the sand. Bring your out-of-state guests here!
– The Hurricane – a Pass-a-Grill Beach staple, the multi-level seafood restaurant also has a rooftop bar. It’s an amazing place to watch the sunset over the water.
– Rumfish Grill – for a memorable dining experience, dine in front of the giant fish tank wall. Located inside of Tradewinds Resort on St. Pete Beach.
– Jimmy B’s Beach Bar – my favorite beach bar. Great atmosphere, they always have live music, and it’s a great place to watch the sunset. Located at the Beachcomber Resort.
The information in this post was accurate at the time of publishing to the best of the author’s knowledge. If you are planning to visit any of the locations mentioned in this post, we recommend checking the most up-to-date information on their respective websites.